CHARACTER DESIGN
E-Portfolio
NAME: Miao Xinjun
STUDENT I.D: 0379525
MODULE: Character Design GCD61704
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. INSTRUCTION
2. SUBMISSION
2.1 Task 1
2.2 Task 2
2.3 Task 3
2.3.1Task 3 Submission .PDF
2.4 Final Task
2.4.1 Final Task Submission.PDF
3. REFLECTION
After studying for one semester, the Character Design module made me feel both fulfilled and happy. I have always been interested in character design in game development. During the first lecture, when Ms. Ayunie introduced the learning objectives and course plan, I felt very excited because I could finally study a subject that I had been interested in for a long time.
Of course, the learning process was not always easy. For me, the biggest challenge appeared in Task 1, when I needed to decide the character’s appearance, colour scheme, background story, and other basic information. I wanted to design a character who was powerful and beautiful but had experienced a difficult fate. However, at the beginning, I was not sure what she should look like or what style she should have. Since the theme of our character design project was Marvel Rivals, I was also worried that my design might not match the visual style of the game. Because of this, I tried many different appearances, colours, and design ideas.
Fortunately, with Ms. Ayunie’s guidance, my character was successfully created. In the later Tasks, I continued to improve her appearance, abilities, and story. Watching her develop from a simple idea into a complete character who looked like she could truly exist in a game made me feel very happy and satisfied.
I am also very thankful for Ms. Ayunie’s guidance throughout the semester. She always patiently pointed out the problems in our work and explained how we could improve them. During the lectures, she also demonstrated drawing techniques that we might need for our Tasks but were not yet familiar with. I believe that her demonstrations and advice were very helpful not only to me but also to the other students.
Through this module, I learned not only how to design a character’s appearance but also how the character’s story, personality, abilities, and visual style should work together. This learning experience gave me a deeper understanding of Character Design and made me even more certain about my interest in this field.
Comments
Post a Comment